Your Career. Your Future. Your Life.
If you are considering dropping out, consider the consequences:
- On average, high school drop outs in Kentucky make $6,821 less per year than those with at least a high school diploma.
- Most employers require a high school diploma for hiring practices.
- The lost lifetime earnings in Kentucky for the Class of 2008’s dropouts total over $4.2 billion.
- High school dropouts are four times more likely than college graduates to be unemployed.
- One in four high school dropouts resorts to public assistance.
- Kentucky spends $2,113 more on support programs like housing, food stamps, Medicare and Medicaid per dropout than for a high school graduate.
- Seventy-five percent of America’s state prison inmates are high school dropouts.
- Dropping out disappoints those who care about you and is a decision you may one day deeply regret
- Education is the key to success. It can unlock any door you choose. Simply by wanting to learn and following through with your education, you can become anything you dream.
Don’t drop out. Stick it out. You can do it!
Resources for Students
High School Dropouts in America Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Information for students to consider about the importance of education and staying in school
- Information for parents to help your children meet the education challenge
- Best practices of Schools across the Commonwealth accepting the challenge
- See how Communities throughout Kentucky can accept the challenge
- See How Your Business can accept the challenge and win with Kentucky